WSET Level 3 Award in Wines (formerly the WSET Advanced Certificate) is typically run as a 5 day course over 5 consecutive weeks. The Level 3 is ideal for those looking for a detailed and structured wine education. Perfect for wine enthusiasts with prior knowledge and qualifications and those looking to enter the wine industry or already working in the industry in retail or hospitality. ThirtyFifty offers the Level 3 on 5 Saturdays or 5 Mondays in London. For larger group bookings we can arrange different dates/timings to suit.
WSET courses are the backbone of the wine industry in the UK and a must for anybody considering joining it. They provide a structured and progressive set of courses that are nationally and internationally recognised. Follow the link for an overview of WSET Courses
WSET Level 3 Prerequisites
The Level 3 is open to students who hold the Level 2 Award in Wine and Spirits or can demonstrate they have the equivalent level of knowledge.
WSET Level 3 Course Content
WSET Level 3 Award in Wine
Building on the Level 2 Award, the Level 3 gives a more in-depth understanding of the wine regions of the world. A solid grounding in growing, making and tasting wine.
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation and bottling, labelling regulations).
- Key wine producing countries and regions including France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America.
- Sparkling Wines.
- Food and Wine Matching.
- Fortified Wines.
- Run over 5 days, often consecutive Saturdays or Mondays.
- Full Student Pack including text books and course books provided.
- QFC Level 3.
- Final exam on the afternoon of Day 5, consisting of 50 Multichoice questions, a long question and a blind tasting of two wines.
We are a leading Approved Programme Provider (APP) with a great team delivering the WSET courses.
A very high pass rate in the tasting exam.
- Access to all 500+ questions for your exam worth £20.
- Mock tasting exam with marked tasting sheets and feedback.
- One tutor for the entire course so that you only have to learn one palate. Students often complain that different lecturers use different ways of writing a tasting note, resulting in confusion. We assign one tutor whose palate the students have to copy.
- Text books provided before the course. They also include an optional set of activities to help prepare students who want to excel or those who are worried they may struggle.
- Access to ThirtyFifty's 'Decoding the WSET L3 SAT' worth £5. It is a brilliant guide to how to pass the tasting exam. Students can use the guide at home to practice.
- All glassware provided and lent to students to practice their tasting at home.
For the full specification follow the link to open the WSET Level 3 Specification.
Booking WSET Courses
The days can be booked directly with ThirtyFifty online (see available courses below) or by calling us on 020 8288 0314. To discuss group bookings on different dates to those published please call us.
Open-Dated Gift Vouchers
If you are giving the WSET Level 3 Course as a gift, you can purchase an open dated gift voucher so that the recipient can book a date with us directly. We'll automatically email you a link to the gift voucher to print off at home.
|WSET LEVEL 3 COURSE GIFT VOUCHER - £649|
|ThirtyFifty WSET Level 3 Award In Wines - Five Day Course over Five Consecutive Weeks in London - Open Dated Voucher. Valid for 24 months|
WSET Level 3 Award in Wine - London Dates
The WSET Level 3 (formerly the Advanced Certificate) is perfect for those looking to develop a deeper understanding of the wines of the world. Perfect for wine enthusiasts or those looking to enter the wine industry in retail sales or front of house hospitality. ThirtyFifty typically runs the Level 3 on five consecutive Saturdays or Mondays in London.
Saturday and Monday courses start at 8:45am and finish 5:45pm on the first day and 8:45am till 5:15pm on the rest. The exam is held on the afternoon of Day 5.
|Sat, 29 Sep 2018 |
Sat, 6 Oct 2018
Sat, 13 Oct 2018
Sat, 20 Oct 2018
Sat, 27 Oct 2018
|WSET Level 3 Award in Wine, 5 Day course||Browns, St Martin's Lane |
|10 places left||£649|
The start time is 8:30am for a prompt 8:45am start.
Where to after the WSET Level 3
The Level 3 is a prerequisite for the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits qualification. ThirtyFifty does not currently run the Diploma and we are not planning to offer this qualification in the near future.
The WSET Level 3 Course is run by Chris Scott or Tom Forrest. Chris has over 10 years experience teaching wine and presents the popular weekly UK Wine Show podcast. Chris holds WSET Certified Educator qualification meaning he can teach the full range of WSET Courses including the Level 3. Tom Forrest, formerly senior wine expert at Vinopolis, is an experienced WSET Certified Educator.
Terms & Conditions
Bookings are made on a first come, first served basis.
No refunds are available.
You can transfer your place to another date with 2 weeks notice. We normally need at least 2 working days to transfer to another suitable person, but do ask if within this.